How to Do Detoxing During Menstruation
The basic purpose of detoxing is to remove all the toxins that are responsible for making your tired, contracting cold and at the same time, make it difficult for you to concentrate. There are quite a lot of detoxing programs which help in cleansing the body. During the menstruation, it is advisable not to go for a strict detoxification because, this is the time where you are very tired due to the lack of all the essential calories. During this time, since you loose out on a lot of iron, you tend to get susceptible to anaemia. However, if you want to take up the detox process, you will have to do it with extreme moderation.
Steps for Detoxing
Follow these simple steps to have a safe detoxification experience during your menstruation:
- During your menstruation, choose a supplement or herbal tea that you can take. You can consider a few commonly used supplements and herbs like dandelion root, milk thistle, ginger, parsley and sarsaparilla.
- Either drink the laxative herbal tea or you can replace it by taking the supplement at least twice a day. Take one in the morning and another one in the evening. These supplements have to be taken just before eating. This will make it easier for the kidneys and the liver to digesting the food.
- Menstruation comes with a lot of cramps, mood swings and lack of energy. So, it is best to make the best use of this time, by giving yourself ample time to take rest. This will enable the body to heal. If possible, reduce your work load and stress as it will help in speeding up the detoxification process.
- Drink plenty of water. Consumption of water will help in flushing out all the harmful toxins and at the same time it helps in hydrating the body. You are required to drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day, or approximately 2 liters of day should do.
- During your detox process, avoid eating processed food, alcohol and cigarettes. This will just add up to the already existing toxins and at the same times taxes the liver and the kidneys.
- To relieve yourself from cramps, just before going to bed, drink chamomile tea. This will help in restoring your energy levels and at the same time you will be able to sleep better.
These simple steps will help you in doing detoxification even during menstruation.