Using Laxatives to Lose Weight Fast
Laxatives can be a great option for losing weight fast. Laxatives are really inexpensive and considered to be the safest method for weight loss. There are some notions about laxatives that they help lose weight fast. Dieter’s tea, available in the market is a popular weight loss laxative. Many people who want to lose weight, go for laxative. But the question is does laxative use make you lose weight? Lets discuss about this in this article.
How to lose Weight with Laxatives
- Laxatives intake increase the bowel activities.
- Absorbed food is absorbed in the intestine and mineral and water are absorbed in the large intestine.
- Laxatives target the large intestine and helps in elimination of undigested foods from the small intestine out of the body.
- Thus, a person experiences diarrhea which results in undigested material to pass out with lots of water.
- Diarrhea means loss of lots of body water, thus people feel weight loss. This is, in reality loss of water weight of the body.
- Though, this loss of water is made up within 48 hours, which nullifies the body weight effect.
People who believe that calories are going out of the body by the intake of laxatives are highly mistaken. This is because when the food reaches the colon ie., the large intestine, till then the body has absorbed all the calories present in food. But, in reality, the matter exiting from the body is minerals, water and food. So, laxatives are not the best thing to lose body weight.
Side Effects of Laxatives
There are various disgusting side effects of laxatives intake, which are as follows:
- Chronic diarrhea
- Stomach cramps
- Electrolyte disorder
- Rectal bleeding
- Bones softening
The low electrolyte and potassium content caused by laxatives intake can lead to heart attack as well. Prolonged intake of laxatives can permanently alter the working of digestive system. Thus, people who believe that they can lose weight by taking laxatives should come out of their misconception that laxative intake is not safe for losing weight.