How to do Detox with Papaya ?
When you are feeling weak, lethargic, sluggish and you have some kind of digestive problems, this indicates your body needs detoxification. Papaya is an important fruit for detoxification because of the ingredients present in it. Papaya detox diet can help flush out toxins present in the body and helps in maintaining good health. Due to the detox properties of papaya, it is called as ‘fruit of angels’, which can be easily found throughout the year. Read this article for information on papaya detox diet.
Papaya Detox Diet
Papaya can be taken in any form for detoxification. It contains a digestive enzyme called papain., which helps breakdown protein based foods into a digestible form. The following are a few ways to take papaya during detox:
Papaya ginger juice
- Papayas are rich in fiber and help improve digestion. To prepare papaya ginger juice, we will need -
- 1 peeled Papaya
- Peeled ginger
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Mix all the ingredients and extract the juice. Papaya juice can also be mixed with orange, lemon or pineapple juice. Fruit salad can be prepared by mixing cut papaya pieces with strawberries and apples.
Health Benefits of Papaya
The following are some important health benefits of papaya:
- Papaya are low in calories and extremely nutritious.
- It contains vitamins A, C, E and K.
- Papaya is rich in papain enzyme. Papain enzyme is effective in getting rid of toughened mucous.
- It contains some important minerals like calcium, sodium, phosphorus, potassium, iron and carbohydrates.
Apart from flushing out toxins from the body, it can also help cure other health conditions like constipation, ulcers, acne, kidney problems, acidosis, obesity and digestive problems. One must stop eating other junk and fatty foods while following papaya detox diet.