Homemade Body Wraps for Detoxification
Homemade body wraps have become a popular method of body detoxification. Body wraps have been used for centuries to detoxify the skin and it is also a beautiful way to relax and pamper your body. These body wraps are highly beneficial to body nit only for detoxification, but it also helps in cellulite loss, tightening the loose skin, nourishment and hydration of the skin. There are various amazing ways to detoxify your skin by using homemade body wraps, which are discussed in this article, read on for more information.
Body Wraps at Home
Various ingredients can be used to prepare body wraps at home like mud, clay, aloe vera, chocolate ad honey. By following some right methods you can get the detoxifying benefits of these wraps at home. Some of the fats about body wraps are as follows:
- Clay body wraps are best for detoxification purpose.
- Some ingredients are directly applied and wrapped over the skin.
- Some people go for simple and regular body wraps and some may choose specific body wraps such as seaweed body wrap.
- Skin exfoliation is necessary to remove dead skin cells and open up the pores.
- Lay some blanket and towels in layers. Choose the old and used ones so that you don’t have to worry about the stains.
- Place some water in a mug to balance the loss of liquid.
- Repeat the homemade body wraps once a month to eliminate body toxins.
- To lose weight, you can add some essential oils to the body wraps such as sage, patchouli and lemon grass etc.
- Green clay is considered best for weight loss purpose.
Recipe for Homemade Body Wraps
The following are a few recipes for homemade body wraps:
Clay body wrap –
- Clay is said to be best for body detox.
- Bentonite clay would be best if you have oily skin type.
- For sensitive and dry skin, pink kaolin clay is the best one.
- For normal skin yellow kaolin clay is considered good.
- Take clay according to your skin type and add to the boiling water with Â¼ cup of sea salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix them well and let it cool for a few hours.
- Take a hot shower and with a scrub, exfoliate the skin.
- Pat dry the skin and now you are ready for a clay body wrap.
- Apply the mixture over the body and then wrap your body with towel strips especially made for this purpose.
- Do not wrap so tightly as it can hamper the circulation of blood.
- Lie down for an hour or two and keep yourself warm.
- After 2 hours, rinse off the clay and apply some skin body moisturizer.
Herbal Tea Wrap –
1 cup of herbal tea (ginger, lavender and chamomile etc)
- Fill a bucket with lukewarm water and add one cup of herbal tea.
- Now, dip towels into this solution and wrap carefully over your body.
- Now, lie down on the blankets or sheets layered on the floor and relax for 15 minutes.
Honey and Lemon Body Wrap –
2 tablespoons of sea salt
5 tablespoons of honey
- Squeeze the juice of lemon and grate the rind of lemon into a bowl.
- Now, add honey into it and mix it well.
- Add some sea salt to the mixture.
- Now, dip towel into it and wrap around the body.
- Leave for 15 minutes and relax down.
- Rinse well and apply skin moisturizer.
This body wrap is best for cellulite loss and essential skin care.
The above contents of this body wrap will help improve the blood circulation.
Thus, homemade body wraps are inexpensive and effective methods of detoxification as compared to those in the spas. If you find it difficult to do it alone, you can take the help of your friend.