Blueberry Detox Diet
Blueberries are full of health benefits. Our bodies accumulate a lot of chemicals and toxins by our unhealthy eating habits and lifestyle. Blueberries are considered to be powerful disease fighters. Blueberries are rich in vitamin C and are used for flushing out toxins from the body. Various other benefits of blueberry detox diet are discussed in this article, read on for more information.
Super Foods – Blueberries
Blueberries are considered to be super foods as they help the body in detoxification. Various health benefits of blueberry detox diet are given as follows:
- Blueberries are rich in antioxidants.
- Blueberries contain anti-inflammatory agents.
- They help in lowering the risk of cancer and heart diseases.
- They help enhance the health of skin as it is a great source of vitamin C and E. Vitamin C reduces aging factors as it fights with damaging effects of free radicals. Blueberries also protect the brain from free radicals, inflammation, radiation and excitotoxicity.
- There are reports which suggest that blueberries enhance the memory and also improve the cognitive abilities.
- They also prevent various diseases like osteoporosis, lowers cholesterol and fats present in blood.
- Drinking blueberry juice helps in remarkable weight loss as it helps in slowing down the process of emptying of stomachâ€™s content and makes a person feel fuller for longer.
- The antioxidant properties of blueberries help neutralize the free radicals in body cells and tissues.
Thus, the above reasons for using blueberries in detox diet suggest that it should be included in daily diet. Blueberries can be included in cereals or fruit salads. Juice of blueberry can also be taken, but it should be unsweetened and fresh.