Acne Detox Diet
Acne and pimples occur when the body system is unable to function properly. When we eat unhealthy foods which disturbs the metabolism of the body causes acne and pimples. Apart from unhealthy eating habits, acne can also result from some hormonal changes inside the body or some health disorders. Consumption of certain drugs can also lead to acne and leave ugly marks on the skin. Bursting of acne is caused by the exposure to sun, heat and pollution. Acne can be controlled by eating a healthy diet up to some extent. This article talks about some effective acne detox diet and plan, read on for more information.
Detox Diet for Acne
- For acne prone skin, consumption of oily, greasy and spicy foods is extremely harmful.
- Consumption of these foods trigger secretion of oil glands in the body.
- Also, consuming excessive dairy products, beverages, aerated drinks, fast foods and sugary foods leads to breakout of acne.
- All the above foods raises toxins level in the body and causes more acne.
- Thus, anti-acne foods includes lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, which are the sources of minerals and vitamins.
Detox Diet Plan for Acne
When you are following acne detox diet, you are not supposed to eat foods which leads to acne breakout. The below diet plan can be followed till the time you can limit yourself to the detox diet foods.
What to eat:
- You can start the day with a master cleanse diet which includes warm water with lemon. Honey can be mixed if you want.
- After breakfast, fresh fruits can be taken like cantaloupe, berries, sweet lime, grapes and grapefruits.
- You can also go for unsweetened juice of fresh fruits such as cranberry, acai berry and blue berry. These fruits are excellent detoxifying agent.
- Vegetables such as carrots, onions, spinach, cucumber, zucchini, yams, red cabbage and tomatoes can be eaten, which are excellent sources of minerals and vitamins.
- You can prepare juices of fresh carrots, beets, bitter gourd, radish and tomatoes, which completes the cleansing process of your body.
- During lunch time you can eat assorted fruits like melons, water melons, apples, peaches, prunes, plums, apricot and avocado.
What not to eat:
- Carbohydrate rich sugary foods should be avoided which can include ice creams, jams, jelly and chocolates.
- Sea foods should be avoided by people allergic to them.
- Processed, artificially preserved and canned foods which are rich in spices and oils should be avoided.
- Minimum amount of oil should be used for cooking purposes.
- Gluten, wheat, refined flours and yeast based foods can lead to acne breakout, so these should be avoided.
- Dairy consumption should be reduced.
Acne Detox Treatment
When the toxicity level increases in the body due to improper eating habits and bad digestive system. Consumption of oily and spicy foods make the condition of acne worse. The best example of bad functioning of digestive system is constipation which raises the level of toxicity in the body. Thus, to flush out toxins from the body, a person needs to enrich his diet with more fresh fruits and vegetables.
Plenty of water should be taken daily to flush out toxins from the body. Drinking plenty of water helps flush out toxins, purifies blood and accelerates the metabolism of the body. It also helps regulate the body temperature by opening the sweat pores. Mental tension and stress should also be avoided as they increase toxins level in the body.
If you follow the above detox diet plan, then acne can be controlled up to some extent. If the problem still persists, then you must check with your doctor.