How to Detox Aluminum
Aluminum is widely used in various household things. It is generally included in heavy metals list, though it is not technically a heavy metal. Aluminum is the 3rd most common element present on the earth. Aluminum is present on the GRAS list (Generally Regarded As Safe), but it has never been tested by FDA. So there are no safety guidelines regarding its use.
Aluminum tends to accumulate in the body, especially in the brain and the bones. Thus, if you want to live longer, it is advisable that you must abandon its use. This article deals with various sources of aluminum causing toxicity and the ways to detoxify aluminum.
Sources of Aluminum Toxicity
The following are a few sources of aluminum causing toxicity:
- Foods such as self-rising flours, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa mixes, prepared doughs and cake mixes etc.
- Coffee Creamers
- Sliced cheeses
- Food Coloring
- Milk Products
- Spreads and margarines
- Health and beauty products
- Metal cleaners
- Pain killers
- Anti-diarrhea medications
The above are a few sources of aluminum toxicity. Sprayed antiperspirants contain a large amounts of aluminum which when used for too long can cause senile plaques in the smelling portions of brain (as revealed during autopsies). Thus, aerosols are particularly harmful. Any product which contains aluminum can introduce aluminum in your body, whether you drink it, eat it, wear it or put on your skin.
Ways to Prevent Aluminum Toxicity
The following ways can help fight aluminum toxicity :
- Get rid of all aluminum cookware and also Teflon cookware as they might contain aluminum beneath it.
- Use of aluminum foil should be avoided and also drinking from aluminum cans should be prevented.
- Drinking supply can also be contaminated with aluminum. Ask your water company to have it tested. Alum is generally added to prevent cloudiness in water. Thus, filtered water should be used for drinking purposes. With fluorine addition in drinking supplies, aluminum is able to cross the blood brain barrier and it can be the major cause of Alzheimer’s disease. When aluminum crosses the blood brain barrier, it is more toxic than the toxicity of cadmium and mercury.
- There are some other sources of aluminum toxicity such as automobile parts, exhaust from the auto, cigarette filters, smoke of cigarettes and also the construction material.
- You must be alert from the pesticides and dental amalgams as they also contain aluminum.
- Wrapping the body in bentonite clay once a week also relieves aluminum toxicity. To take bath in bentonite clay, mix 2 pounds of bentonite clay in warm water and soak yourself in it for an hour. Then wash under a cool shower to clean any clay residue.
Aluminum Detox Diet
- Antioxidants rich diet can help eliminate aluminum toxicity. Thus, a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables should be made part of the daily diet.
- Chlorella and cilantro should be added to your diet. Cilantro helps fight aluminum toxicity as it contains an enzyme which binds to the aluminum present in the body. Then kidneys and liver are able to remove the toxins from the body.
- Foods containing selenium should be included in the diet as it binds to aluminum and flushes out through urine. Selenium is widely found in Brazil nuts. It is also found in good amounts in egg yolk, garlic, tomatoes, broccoli, lean pork and beef.
- Raw vegetables should be eaten like cabbage, radishes, turnips, cauliflower, broccoli and rutabaga etc. These vegetables help boost the liver enzymes for detoxification.
- Some supplements can also be taken like vitamin C and E and milk thistle as these supplements support the functioning of liver and help in detoxification.
- Fasting for 24 hours once a week is also beneficial for flushing out aluminum from the body. Start your day with a herbal tea and end it with a light meal comprising fruits, chicken or fish.
The above are a few sources of aluminum toxicity and some of the ways to get rid of aluminum toxicity.