How to Detox with Grapefruit Juice
The diet containing grapefruit juice is an old celebrities diet which many fitness experts and enthusiasts recommend for detoxifying body as well as losing weight effectively. The grapefruit diet is also called the ‘Hollywood diet’ as it is a diet plan based on eating some specific foods along with half a glass of unsweetened grapefruit juice before meals. This diet also leads to weight loss without feeling of starvation. Read this article to know more about detox with grapefruit juice.
Detox with Grapefruit Juice
- Fitness experts say that grapefruit diet accelerates the body metabolism, flushes out the toxins from the body and it also restricts the amount of calories intake to achieve an accurate weight loss effectively.
- Grapefruit detox diet plan prohibits eating complex carbohydrates like pasta and breads. It includes eating all kinds of meats, eggs, fruits, milk, butter, vegetables, salad dressing, tea, coffee and water.
- This diet should be continued for a maximum of 12 days and the diet plan should be followed carefully.
- Grapefruit detox diet limits 800 calories intake per day.
- It also prohibits extraneous workouts because of low calorie intake.
Benefits of Grapefruit
Grapefruit is a highly beneficial fruit for health. It has the following benefits:
- Grapefruit has high amounts of vitamins A and C.
- It is also rich in fiber, antioxidants and potassium.
- This fruit contains 75 to 79 calories per fruit. Thus, it is beneficial for heart’s health and also effectively lowers the cholesterol level.
- Eating grapefruit also reduces the risk of developing diabetes and accelerates the metabolism of the body.
The above are a few benefits of grapefruit and the ways to detox with grapefruit juice.