Detox with Cinnamon and Honey
There are various methods for body detox, some are chemical based and some are natural methods of detox. Detox with cinnamon and honey is one such effective method to relieve body off harmful toxins and chemicals. Honey and cinnamon are often used to make tasty tea which help soothe the throat. Honey and cinnamon also provide the benefit of weight loss.
Cinnamon is one of the oldest spice and honey also has the same popularity throughout the history. The essential oils of cinnamon and enzymes present in honey produce hydrogen peroxide which are considered to be â€œantimicrobial foodâ€. These foods have the ability to stop the growth of bacteria as well as fungi. Thus, due to these reasons, these are not only used for beverage flavoring, but also as an alternative to food preservatives. Read this article for more information on detox with cinnamon and honey.
Ingredients in Honey and Cinnamon
Honey is obtained from honey bees which is actually a combination of flower nectar and bees saliva.
Cinnamon is obtained from the bark of cinnamon tree, which is one of the oldest spices. Cinnamon is highly nutritive as it is rich in fiber, iron, manganese and calcium.
Health Benefits of Honey and Cinnamon
- If you take tea made from honey and cinnamon, it will not only provide detoxification benefits, but will also prevent fat accumulation. This is confirmed by a research done in the year 2010 and published in the â€œArchives of Biochemistry and Biophysicsâ€.
- Cinnamon will help lose body weight, even when you will take a diet high in fructose and fats. Thus, fat is not allowed to get accumulated in the body and is instead purged.
- Honey also plays an important role in weight loss and prevent fats accumulation. Thus, replacing regular sugar with honey can help in prevention of fats storage and also allow it to pass through the digestive tract without being absorbed.
Ways to Detox with Cinnamon and Honey
Detox with honey and cinnamon is very simple as it needs only honey, cinnamon and a cup of water. It should be done in the following manner:
- Take cinnamon and honey in the ratio of 1:2.
- Now, put cinnamon in a bowl or a cup.
- Boil 1 cup of water and pour it over cinnamon and allow it to steep for about half an hour.
- Add honey, once the liquid gets cooled. Do not add honey in the warm solution as it will kill the enzymes present in raw honey.
- Take half cup of honey and cinnamon tea before going to bed and the rest of the amount should be covered and stored in refrigerator.
- This leftover tea should be taken as the first thing in the morning the next day. This tea should be taken on an empty stomach without adding anything to it.
Advantages of Honey and Cinnamon Tea
- There will be a noticeable loss in body weight as there is remarkable loss in a few inches in the body.
- Honey and cinnamon both have antimicrobial properties, thus, they help cleanse parasites, bacteria and fungus out of the digestive tract. These foods are immune system booster.
- Cinnamon will positively affect LDL, regulates sugar, anticoagulant, contains antioxidants and polyphenols.
- There can be side effects due to release of toxicity.
- There can be increased energy level and thus, provide a better mood.
- This concoction will stop body from further weight gain.
The above are a few points explaining the process of detox with cinnamon and honey. Though, honey and cinnamon have various health benefits, but there is no scientific evidence to support that they help in detox the body.