Juice fasting is all about a diet consisting of lots of juices and water. Juice fasting diet is a nourishing liquid diet which speeds up the detoxification process. Many natural supplements when combined with fasting help to pace up the various advantages of fast.
Why Juice Fasting Diet is Beneficial?
The positive effect of juices in the detoxification or healing of the diseases is due to the following facts of the raw juices:
- The raw juices extracted from fresh vegetables and fruits are rich in vital nutrients. These nutrients are easily assimilated in the bloodstream. The juices need no digestion.
- Fresh raw juices are a rich source of alkaline elements which are beneficial in standardizing the acid-alkaline balance of the tissues and blood.
- Fresh and raw juice of vegetables and fruits are a rich source of live enzymes, minerals, vitamins, trace elements and natural sugars. They provide all the required elements to the body for healing and cell regeneration process. They have advantageous effect in normalizing the body functions hence speeding the healing.
- Juices also contain vegetal hormones, antibiotics and natural medicines, for example string beans contain a substance similar to insulin. Fresh juices of radish, onions, garlic and tomatoes are rich sources of antibiotic substances.
- Sufficient amounts of easily absorbable organic minerals like potassium, calcium and silicon are also present in fresh juices. These minerals help in restoring the mineral and biochemical balance of the cells and tissues hence slowing down the aging process of the cells.
What Happens When You Juice Fast?
Juice fasting hastens the healing process of other natural methods like acupuncture for pain, massage therapy for fibromylagia, etc. In the juice fasting process, whole body transformation takes place with large numbers of metabolic changes occurring. Detoxification of blood and lymph takes place. During juice fasting, toxins from kidneys, lungs, skin, colon, bladder and sinuses which are formed due to unhealthy diet and lifestyle, are released. Benefits of juice fasting includes relaxation of emotions, body and mind as well as spiritual awareness. During juice fasting, as the body is not expending its energy on the digestion, it uses this energy for cleaning of the systems. Many people also feel the development of positive attitude towards the present.
Types of Vegetables and Fruits
Vegetable and fruit juices used for juice fasting can be classified into six types, which are as follows:
- Acidic fruit juice like lemon, pineapple, strawberry, orange and grapefruit.
- Vegetable fruit juice like cucumber and tomato.
- Green leafy vegetable juice like celery, lettuce, parsley, cabbage, spinach and watercress.
- Root vegetable juice like carrot, potato, beetroot, radish and onion.
- Sweet fruit juice like grapes and prunes.
- Sub-acidic fruit juices like apple, pear, apricot, cherry, plum and peach.
Fruit juices mix up the acids and toxins in the body and enhance the eliminative process. Vegetable juices pacify the tired nerves and work in a milder way. Gently they carry out the toxic waste. Due to their contradictory functions, vegetable and fruit juices should not be taken at the same time or mixed together. During juice fasting not more than three juices should be mixed.
Juice fasting is safer than water fasting as it also provides nutrition to the body while cleansing and detoxifying the body. During a juice fast, the stomach shrinks to the fist size of the person. After the fasting period, the stomach loses all traces of solid food. During juice fasting, the stomach get physiological rest, allowing the colon to remove old putrefied and compacted material.